We are committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of your privacy. We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). This Privacy Notice explains the type of personal data we may collect, why we need it and how we keep it safe.
It is likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time, please refer to this notice at your convenience, we’ll notify you of any significant changes.
Lawnsmith Ltd. Registered Office: DEB House, 19 Middlewoods Way, Wharncliffe Business Park, Carlton, Barnsley. S71 3HR
Telephone 01924 256000
(hereafter known as ”we”)
2. When do we collect your personal data?
There are a number of areas of our website where we will collect your personal data, as follows:
- When you make a purchase through our website as a guest or registered user
- When you use the contact form on our contact us page
- When you sign up as a registered user on our website
- When you place an enquiry through our website
- When you sign up for our newsletter
- When you comment on an article
3. What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If shopping on our website, we will collect your name, email, telephone, delivery and billing address, IP address (Your IP address may vary unless you have a fixed IP address).
- Your order history
- Your consent choices
- Details of your visits and activity on our website
5. How and why do we use your personal data?
We are committed to providing you with a great customer experience, in order to achieve this, we must collect your personal data. Any data we collect is of legitimate interest and is so allowed by the data privacy law. This document outlines the data that is collected through our website.
Please be aware that if you do not wish to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we are likely to not be able to offer our service to you. For example, you will not be able to place an order through our website.
Here is a list of reasons how and why we use your personal data:
- So that you can place an order through our website. If we don’t collect your personal data, such as your name and address, we won’t be able to process your order.
- To keep you informed about the status of your order via transactional emails.
- To respond to order queries, returns, refunds, complaints etc. We need to keep a history of your personal data so that we can identify you and your order/enquiry history.
- To pass to a third party delivery provider. We need to deliver your product through a third party delivery provider, so we must pass your address details to them.
- To contact you about special offers, promotions and latest news.
- To improve the user experience of our website by analyzing your website activity.
- To provide you with a personalized user experience by analyzing your website activity.
- To send you personalized emails based on your user activity and purchase history.
- To send you invitations to write a review of your order and products purchased.
6. Who do we share your personal data with and why?
There are a number of circumstances that mean we must share your personal data with trusted third parties. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our organization. We only share your data so that we can facilitate your order and so that we can improve the website user experience on the whole. We only share to those whereby it is directly related to the functionality and marketing of our own website/business.
Here is a list of whom and why we share your data:-
- SagePay - this is our primary payment gateway, we must pass them your personal details to take payment.
Data shared: name, email, address, credit card, identification details
- PayPal - this is our secondary payment gateway, we must pass them your personal details to take payment.
Data shared: name, email, address, identification details
- Royal Mail and Delivery Carriers - we need to pass your details to our delivery partner so that your goods can be delivered.
Data shared: name, phone, email, address
- eKomi - so that we can send customer and product review requests to our customers.
Data shared: name, email, order item details
- Google - so that we can understand our website performance and make improvements
Data shared: Anonymized identification details
7. Your consent to us using your data
During checkout, providing your email address as part of the purchase procedure is not considered consent to use that email for any email marketing purposes and as such the only communication you will receive will be for transactional purposes only.
On various pages on our site, including pages within the checkout flow, you can tick boxes in forms to consent (opt-in) to us contacting you for purposes other than transactional, such as marketing emails, sms and postal material.
If we send you email marketing, there will be a link on the email so that you can easily unsubscribe. You can also update your consent options by logging in to your account and clicking the consent options link.
8. How long do we keep your data?
We need to retain your personal data for as long as you are a customer of ours, this ensures that both ourselves and you, the customer, can view your order history. Your order history is vital should any issues arise with a past purchase, we also use your order history to offer you a better and more personalized user experience. We store the personal data for as long as is necessary considering the purpose of the processing. We also need to retain your data for accounting reasons such as tax, audits etc.
9. How do you manage your communication preferences?
There are a number of ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- When logged in to your account, you can go to the page called ‘Communication Preferences’, here you can see the choices you have previously made. From here, you can easily opt-in or opt-out at a granular level
- When we send email marketing, there will be a link at the footer of the email that you can click to easily unsubscribe to that mailing list. This will stop any further emails from that particular list
- You can write to us as per the contact details in section 14.
10. How do you access the information we hold about you?
You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you, this is in the form of your customer record and order history, if you have an account, you can browse this information on our website.
If you would like a copy of that information, you can write to as per the contact details in section 14. Within reason, this information can be provided free of charge.
11. How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
12. What are your rights to erasure?
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data to be erased. This would be a rare circumstance as we have legitimate reason to keep your data as per the reasons written in this policy.
We can review your request on an individual basis, to do this, you can write to us as per the contact details in section 14 below.
14. Who do I contact for further information
Data Protection Coordinator
Lawnsmith Ltd, 35 Greenside, Walton, Wakefield WF2 6NN
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.).
For any users of this site who perform a login, a cookie is required for this login to function properly, and so we will take this as implied consent and hide the 'accept cookies' message.