Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass | Poa Pratensis
Also known as Kentucky blue grass.
The above image shows this species left uncut and at the seeding stage.
Why do we use this in our Lawn Seed Mixtures?
- Type of growth: rhizomatous growth spreading sideways
- Creeping habit for density: none
- Turf binding for stability: good
- Self-repair and wear tolerance: excellent
- Disease tolerance: good
- Drought tolerance: medium
- Shade tolerance: good
- Growth rate: medium
- Where used: shady and hard wearing lawns
- Leaf type: medium flat
- Ideal mowing height: 20 to 35mm
- Ideal pH: 5.5 to 7.5
- Germination: slow 20+ days @ 8 degrees or more