Chewings Fescue Grass | Festuca Rubra Commutata
The above image shows this species left uncut.
Why do we use this in our Lawn Seed Mixtures?
- Type of growth: tufts
- Creeping habit for density: none
- Turf binding for stability: medium
- Self-repair and wear tolerance: medium
- Disease tolerance medium
- Drought tolerance: good
- Shade tolerance: good
- Growth rate: medium slow
- Where used: ornamental lawns, golf greens, fairways
- Leaf type: rolled bristle
- Ideal mowing height: 20 to 35mm
- Ideal pH: 4.5 to 7
- Germination: slow 14+ days @ 12 degrees or more