Greenkey Hollow Tine Aerator
We aim to dispatch within 2 working days of your ordering. This may increase in spring and autumn.
We have regrettably suspended deliveries to Ireland and Northern Ireland post Brexit.
- Heavy Duty Aerator for compacted soils and lawns
- Removes cores for longer lasting aeration
- Use in autumn for all over lawn aeration
- Beneficial at any time for reviving compacted areas
- Helps reduce moss in damp places by improving drainage
- Simple and cost effective for small areas and lawns up to 100m2
- Foam grip handle for added comfort
- Tapered 10cm tines to penetrate the soil
- Not for use on heavy clay or very sandy soils
- 1 year manufacturers limited warranty
TIP 1 Blocked Tines: Tines block if the soil consistency isn't right - either too soft or too stoney. This is not a problem with this unit but is a problem with ALL hollow tines whether manual or powered. Ensure the soil is soft enough to penetrate but is not too soft that it 'squiggies' and blocks. A one metre piece of 10mm doweling can be poked into the tine to clear any blockage without bending down. Sometimes it is trial and error until you get the soil consistency right.
TIP 2 Clear or Smash Cores: Don't leave the cores on the lawn. Either use the flat back of a landscapers rake to collect them or let them dry and go over them with a rotary mower to smash them. This distributes the soil as a top dressing but only works if your mower instructions allow it to be used without the box. Wear eye, face and leg protection.
Season for Application
Early Autumn, Late Autumn,