Strong Creeping Red Fescue Grass | Festuca Rubra Rubra
The above image shows this species left uncut and at the seeding stage.
Why do we use Slender Creeping Red Fescue in our Lawn Seed Mixtures?
- Type of growth: rhizomatous growth spreading sideways
- Creeping habit for density: good
- Turf binding for stability: excellent
- Self-repair and wear tolerance: good
- Disease tolerance: good
- Drought tolerance: good
- Shade tolerance: medium
- Growth rate: medium
- Where used: lawns and golf fairways. Ideal for slopes
- Leaf type: narrow flat
- Ideal mowing height: 20 to 35mm
- Ideal pH: 5 to 7.5
- Germination: 12-16 days @ 8 degrees or more