Leaves on the Lawn
Leaves are beautiful when they are on the tree but can be a nightmare when they start to fall clogging up drains, gutters, lawns, paths and driveways. As a lawn owner this is one thing you do need to take care of as leaf damage can be long lasting and can affect even the toughest and roughest of lawns.
- Leaves can smother the grass and kill it in just a few weeks
- Leaves decrease grass vigour allowing moss to take over
- Leaves can promote lawn disease
- Leaves attract and make life very cosy for worms
- Worms are attractive to moles!
This means you should clear leaves from the lawn at least once a week. You can use a variety of tools and equipment to make life easy:
- Leaf rake
- Petrol or electric blower
- Rotary lawn mower
- Leaf sweeper (pictured)
- Lawn or leaf vacuum